Hitting a Message Homerun
With a just a little thought, a good message can become a great message. What’s the difference? A recipient reads a good message. But, a recipient shares a great message with their friends and family. Turning a good message into a great message isn’t that hard. The key things that take a message up a level include:
- Benefit – Is there a great benefit for the recipient?
- Timeliness – Does the message have a near term benefit?
- Audience – Is there a great fit between the message and the readers?
- Exclusivity – Is there a benefit to being “In the know”?
- Ego – Will the sharer be thought of more highly for sharing the message?
A good email and social media effort can pay additional rewards beyond just keeping in touch with existing customers. Email forwarding, Facebook likes, Twitter retweets and LinkedIn shares all give a message an extending audience.
Jeff is the President and CEO of BubbleLife Media, the publisher of http://bubblemedia4.wpengine.com, DFW's largest neighborhood news source, and a leading provider of neighborhood marketing solutions. Jeff has always been a technology entrepreneur including founding and leading one company that ranked 26th on Inc. Magazine’s list of Fastest Growing Private Companies, held an IPO and sold to McAfee.