Website Creation and Hosting Agreement
This agreement governs the creation and hosting of a website by BubbleLife Media, LLC (“BubbleLife Media”) and applies to you, your employees, agents, contractors, or other users who make use of these services from BubbleLife Media. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive agreement between you and BubbleLife Media regarding its subject matter and supersedes and replaces any prior agreement, understanding, or communication, written or oral. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. WEBSITE CREATION
- The specification of the website is provided in Attachment A. Additional work outside of Schedule A is not included in the price shown. The use of stock photography and development templates up to $100 in total are included.
- You will provide the necessary images, photography and text required for the website.
- You retain the ownership of all images, photography and content provided by you.
- You retain the ownership of all URLs provided by you or registered on your behalf. If BubbleLife Media purchases a URL for your specific usage, you own the URL and, if the URL is registered in the name of BubbleLife Media for administrative purposes, then at the termination of the agreement, BubbleLife Media will transfer the registration to you or your designee.
- BubbleLife Media will work in a prompt manner to create the website subject to your provision of requested materials or guidance and subject to BubbleLife Media’s schedule of projects. If your business or profession imposes requirements for your website or social media strategies, you shall be solely responsible for compliance with such requirements and you will not look to BubbleLife Media to determine compliance with such requirements.
- You may review work on your website at a public URL that is not generally known by your customers.
- You will be given a chance to accept the website prior to public availability.
- A 25% deposit is required upon signature of this agreement. After acceptance of the website, either verbally or in writing, BubbleLife Media will make the website available on your URL at which time the remaining balance for website development is due.
- If you are unsatisfied with our work after 60 days and the website has not yet been made available to your customers, you may terminate this agreement and we will promptly refund of your deposit (less any third party costs incurred).
- At any time prior to making the website available to your customers, BubbleLife Media may terminate this agreement by refunding your deposit.
- If your deposit is refunded for any reason, any work done by BubbleLife Media will be retained by BubbleLife Media.
- BubbleLife Media will provide you a way to make changes to your website and any requests for content changes after the website is accepted or that are outside the scope of work shown in Attachment A are extra and will be billed at BubbleLife Media’s current hourly billable rate for website work.
2. WEBSITE HOSTING
- You will be responsible for all content on the website and you license and permit BubbleLife Media to use same for the purposes of hosting your website.
- BubbleLife Media will maintain reasonable security measures to protect the website and its contents.
- The initial minimum term for hosting is 12 months. If you terminate before the 12 month term, the remaining balance is due in full. After the 12 month initial commitment, hosting will be on a month to month basis with no termination fee.
- If you terminate your website hosting with us, you will be provided a copy of your website’s data and content.
3. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND OTHER SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE BY BUBBLELIFE MEDIA OR ANY THIRD PARTY VENDORS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND BUBBLELIFE MEDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICES. BUBBLELIFE MEDIA HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES RELATED TO ANY COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Except for a party’s indemnification obligations under this agreement, neither party will be liable to the other party or any user or any third party for any loss of profits or revenues or cost of replacement services (whether direct or indirect) nor any indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages of any kind arising from the use of the services, even if such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. BubbleLife Media’s liability to you for any reason and upon any cause of action is limited to the amount you actually paid to BubbleLife media under this agreement as follows: (i) BubbleLife Media’s liability for any breach of the Website Creation portion of the Agreement shall not exceed the fee actually paid by Customer for the creation of the website (excluding costs) and (ii) BubbleLife Media’s liability for any breach of the Website Hosting portion of the Agreement shall not exceed one month’s website hosting fee.. This limitation applies to all causes of action in the aggregate, including, without limitation, breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, strict liability, misrepresentations, or other torts. The fees for the services set by BubbleLife Media under this agreement have been and will continue to be based upon this allocation of risk. Nothing in this agreement is intended to exclude or limit either party’s liability with respect to those liabilities that cannot be legally excluded or limited even if any other provision may suggest otherwise.
5. CUSTOMER INDEMNITY
You warrant that you are the sole owner of the trademarks and service marks and content provided or identified for use on your website or have a valid right to use those marks and content. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BubbleLife Media and its employees, officers, directors, partners, representatives or any such entity, from and against any and all third party claims, damages, losses, liability, causes of action, judgments, costs, or expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) asserted against or suffered by BubbleLife Media arising out of any claim of a breach of the intellectual property or confidentiality rights of another.
6. BUBBLELIFE MEDIA INDEMNITY
BubbleLife Media agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Customer from and against any and all third party claims, damages, losses, liability, causes of action, judgments, costs, or expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) asserted against or suffered by you arising out of any claim alleging that the services as provided by BubbleLife Media infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights.
7. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- BubbleLife Media may use images of the website and any content thereon in its marketing and promotional materials.
- BubbleLife Media may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. If the termination occurs during the Website Hosting portion of the Agreement, BubbleLife Media will give Customer fourteen days advance notice of such termination.
- BubbleLife Media and Customer are independent contractors. Nothing in this agreement is intended for the benefit of any third party.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of Texas and any action hereunder shall be brought exclusively in Dallas County, Texas.
Updated: June 1, 2010